1. Our attention span is now less than that of a goldfish: Humans have become so obsessed with portable devices and overwhelmed by content that we now have attention spans shorter than that of the previously jokingly juxtaposed goldfish. In 2000 the average attention span was 12 seconds, but this has now fallen to just eight. The goldfish is believed to be able to maintain a solid nine. Awesome.
2. Find Out What Your Name Would be if You Were Born Today: An interesting Time Magazine tool tells you what your name would be if you were born today, and then all the way back to the 1890’s. Apparently I turned into a boy in the 20’s and 30’s?
- Caitlin was the 44th most popular girl’s name in 1988 (the year I was born)
- My name today would be: Claire
- My 2000’s name is: Laura
- My 1990’s name is: Paige
- My 1980’s name is : Kathleen
- My 1970’s name is: Carolyn
- My 1960’s name is: Joan
- My 1950’s name is: Lynn
- My 1940’s name is: Rosemary
- My 1930’s name is: Billie
- My 1920’s name is: Willie
- My 1910’s name is: Rosa
- My 1900’s name is: Dora
- My 1890’s name is: Sallie
3. Wells Fargo Tournament: This is one of our favorite weekends of the year and will be our 4th annual. We had just started dating the first year we went and had the best time. I look forward to this weekend just because all the great memories we make (and seeing Rory and Adam Scott isn’t too bad either…)
4.Unroll.Me: I have a secondary email that I use when buying things, subscribing to things, etc. because of all the emails that tend to flood your inbox after doing the aforementioned activities. My yahoo account now gets over 100 emails a day, mostly all junk. Unroll.me is the easiest way to manage your inbox. Unsubscribe from unwanted email subscriptions, discover new ones and organize them all in one place. AHHH!
5. Custom Wedding Dress: Not sure if I mentioned this in a previous post, but I am getting my wedding dress made by a custom dress maker. I went this week for my first fitting. We have a lot of tweaks to make, but it was so special for my mom and sister to be there. My sister won’t probably see the dress again until it’s final so I was glad she got to be there to see the first iteration. Things are finally starting to feel real!!!