It hasn’t hit me yet that we’re leaving for Spain in just TWO days. This trip came to fruition so quickly that I haven’t had much time to “think” (over-analyze, freak out, make excessive lists, visit the doctor for a Xanax prescription, etc.) about what is actually about to happen, and what it takes to get there.
The longest flight I’ve ever been on was about 4.5 hours which was to Las Vegas. This trip will be DOUBLE that in length. The trip to Vegas wasn’t bad. The night before I decided I was in college still and pulled an all-nighter… staying out til 5am. I ran home to pack and prayed the entire way to the airport that I at least remembered to pack my work pants and a few pairs of clean underwear, and was on the plane by 7am. Truly a miracle. Needless to say, I passed out before we left Charlotte Douglas International and snoozed like a baby until we landed at McCarran.
The trip home was nearly unbearable. For starters, I had been in Vegas for seven days — which is the equivalent to about three weeks in normal time. I had also spent those entire seven days with a coworker. A coworker who happened to be a mom in her 40’s who viewed our work trip as a vacation, bachelorette party, 21st birthday and escape from her husband and daughter all-in-one. To make matters even worse, I had just met Matt a few weeks before and was super eager to get back to see him. Time seemed like it was going backwards and no movie, magazine, or book could have made that trip any better.
Anyways, this flight on Saturday is around 9 hours. Not quite sure how I’m going to do it. Luckily, we leave at night and I’m hoping I’ll pass out and wake up in Barcelona. I’m also hoping that the excitement of the trip ahead will make the flight fly by.
Here’s where I need your help…
- What travel accessories are a must-have?
- Any iPad apps/games that help pass time? (I’m thinking I’ll probably relapse with my Candy Crush addiction)
- Have you ready any books lately that you couldn’t put down?
- I’m not a movie person, but am not opposed to downloading a few. Any great ones out there?
- Do you have any song suggestions I should download? Not sure how many more times I can listen to “Applause” and “Blood on the leaves” before I’m over them.