1. e.l.f. Essential Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil: e.l.f. is one of the most amazing make-up companies; partly because they have really great products, but also because they have even more amazing prices. I entered into that emergency zone where my eyeliner pencil had been whittled down so small that I could no longer pick it up, and without any time to run to the mall to get a replacement. I ventured over to Target and decided that for only $1 (yes, only ONE dollar) it was worth giving the e.l.f. brand a shot. I love their eyeliner so much, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to my expensive brand again. It has lasted me almost five months, glides on effortlessly, and comes with a sharpener on the lid. They have a line of brushes that are also ridiculously cheap, and are currently running a free shipping promo on orders over $25 with code SHIP25. I haven’t tried any of their other products, but am inclined to do so after my great experience with the eyeliner.
2. Trader Joe’s Sea Salt & Turbinado Sugar Chocolate Almonds: These might as well be called crack cocaine, because they are that addicting. My sister-in-law left me a container a few months back and they were gone in one day. I CRAVE these. I make special trips to Trader Joe’s just for them. The addiction has gotten so bad that I can only buy one container at a time to control myself from devouring multiple containers. On my last trip to TJ’s, I was in such a rush to have one, that I couldn’t wait until I got home. I was furiously trying to get into the packaging and having no luck. I needed my pocket knife’s assistance, but it happened to be on my key chain which was in my ignition. Yes…I shamefully pulled into the nearest parking lot, turned my car off, took the keys out of the ignition, and used my knife to break free the plastic packaging. The worst part is that TJ’s is less than 2 miles from my house, and I can’t even wait that long. Rock bottom? Perhaps…but worth it.
3. Grifone Primitivo Wine: While I’m on the subject of Trader Joe’s, I’d like to put out a PSA regarding an amazing red wine that is sold there. It is Grifone Primitivo. Primitivo and Zifandel are technically the same grape, both from boot’s heal in Italy.Matt formally had banned red wine from our repertoire because he said it made me “sassy” and “bossy” – like I need any more of that, and honestly, I didn’t really enjoy it. But I can say that now I’m a believer! This red in particular is light for summer, and goes down easy. At $3.99 a bottle, you can’t go wrong.
4. Pretty Wicked Moms: I am slightly embarrassed by the amount of reality TV that I watch. I keep myself occupied keeping up with mostly every Bravo show, but somehow managed to fit another show into my Tuesday night slot. Pretty Wicked Moms airs on lifetime and features five Atlanta-based moms. At first I thought the show was pretty corny, but have really started to enjoy it. They are all beautiful and have adorable kids and good looking husbands. Emily “The Queen Bee” is my favorite. She is a southern belle from Mississippi who owns a boutique in Atlanta (Swank), and is cousins with Eli and Peyton Manning. It’s refreshing to see women who are actually housewives from Atlanta who don’t wear wigs, throw shade, or date Big Poppa.
5. Stem: I first mentioned the website Quirky in last week’s Friday5. The site is designed to help the average Joe design, market, and sell their genius inventions. I found Stem on the Quirky site, and it is a tool that I think everyone needs in their kitchen (along with pretty much everything else on the site). Stem is designed to be inserted into your favorite fruit (lemon/lime) and then used to spray the juice on your favorite foods. Gone are the days of chopping, cutting and squeezing. Genius!