1. Timehop: Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, and no app delivers it better than Timehope. Each day, it will tell you what you were doing on social media on that day in years past. Old tweets, Facebook statuses, and photos for Throwback Thursday: they’re all here in an irresistible time capsule.
2. Groovebook: Groovebook is an app that prints up to 100 of your phone photos and creates a 4.5″ x 6.5″ photobook and mails it to you monthly. Photos are printed on glossy photo paper and are perforated for easy removal.Choose which photos and how many of each. Upload and receive your GrooveBook in the mail in about 10-12 days. Pay only $2.99 per book including shipping and handling.
3. Venmo: Send money instatntly, for free. Perfect for roommates, especially when yours currently lives in California (hey, Sam!)
4. NextDoor: Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It’s the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world.
People are using Nextdoor to:
- Quickly get the word out about a break-in
- Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group
- Track down a trustworthy babysitter
- Find out who does the best paint job in town
- Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog
- Find a new home for an outgrown bike
- Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name
5. Gyft: Lighten your wallet by uploading all your plastic gift cards in the Gyft app so they’re with you all the time. You can also send gift cards instantly to your friends via Facebook, text or e-mail. Perfect for last minute gift shopping!