1. theSkimm: “A daily newsletter that simplifies the headlines for the educated professional who knows enough to know she needs more. We do the reading for you and explain it with fresh editorial content, breaking down what you need to know to start the conversation.” I cannot tell you how much I enjoy getting this email every morning. TheSkimm scans noteworthy news, then puts it in simple terms that even I can understand. Sign up to receive it for free, here!
2. RunPee App: Call me crazy, but I really don’t enjoy movies, especially going to the theater to see one. I think it might be the fact that you’re stuck in one spot for multiple hours with no access to the pause button. Consume one of those jumbo Coke’s and you have a major problemo. Until now! With the RunPee App, you download the free app, select the movie you’re seeing, start the timer on your phone after the credits are finished, and your phone will vibrate to notify you when a good time to “runpee” is. The timer picks a time of the movie where you can run away and not miss much of the movie. You can also read whats happening in the movie while you’re gone. Brilliant!
3. Jesus Calling App: My dear friend, Caroline, sent me the Jesus Calling Devotional book. It is hands down one of the best gifts I have ever received. I make it a priority to read one devotion each morning. Drying my hair takes FOREVER, so this is the perfect opportunity for me to spend some quiet time with the Big Man. I am always in awe of how perfect each days message is. It’s always exactly what I need to hear. The best part is that I just discovered there is a free app. The app has the exact same devotion as in the book, and it also has some other cool features. Perfect for on-the-go!
4. Revlon File ‘N Peel 6-IN-1: Simply peel away each layer when worn down to reveal a fresh one underneath. I love this idea for the office. It’s compact enough to fit in a your desk drawer, and you won’t have to replace often. Revlon also suggests to always begin with dry nails to prevent splitting, use the coarser side to file nails to desired length and shape and use the less coarse side to smooth and finish nail edges.
5. Mark and Graham Linen Satin Stitch Cocktail Napkins: My sister received a set of these from her fabulous soon-to-be sister-in-law, and I fell in love. These linen napkins are perfect for your tabletop, but I love the idea for your bar area. The napkins come in so many fun and colorful colors and fonts. Modern yet traditional at the same time. LOVE!