1. Papaya Pills: Do you know that miserable feeling you get after you’ve eaten too much? The feeling where just the mere thought of another bite might send you running to the john? Papaya Pills are seriously the most fabulous remedy. They help with digestion, heart burn, and I swear by them for hangovers. The bottle says you can take up to 9 a day, and I have embarrassingly taken 9 in ONE sitting. They are just so good and taste just like candy. You can find Papaya at Trader Joe’s, Target, or GNC and they are usually around $6 a bottle.
2. Cheese Dip: I never said this recipe has the most eloquent name, but boy is it delish! This snack has become a gameday tradition for us. It’s super easy to make, can feed a bunch of people, and can be reheated if there’s leftovers (but let’s be honest, that never happens). Simply put a block of Velveeta Cheese in a bowl in the microwave for about 3 minutes, add a can of Rotel and wah-lah! I’ve also heard of doing this recipe with cream cheese and spicy sausage. Either way, its amazing!
3. Dave Matthews Band SiriusXM Channel: Dave Matthews has an entire SiriusXM channel devoted to them for the entire month of September. I haven’t changed my radio station once all month. There are interviews with the band, songs from live concerts and fun facts about the band. Channel 43 if you’re an XM subscriber. I’m already dreading October 1st…
4. Dave Matthews Band – Away From The World: This is the bands 8th studio album and it looks like they’ve done it again! It takes me a while to process new CDs and I have a very strict routine of listening, reading lyrics and then re-listening before I form a solid opinion. So far my favorites are Broken Things and Drunken Soldier. Drunken Soldier is the longest on the album, and at about 10 minutes, theres a long jam session at the end; true to DMB fashion!
5. iOS 6: Since I am not in the market for a new iPhone, the update to the new operating system, iOS 6 will have to do! It took about 2 hours to download on my phone and iPad, but was definitely worth it. A few changes I’ve already noticed:
- A plethora of new emoticons 🙂
- Siri is now on my iPad
- Turn-by-turn directions with Maps
- Do Not Disturb feature which allows you to ignore calls and texts
- Facebook integration
What are you loving this week?